Historic houses in Appin

Follow the “Burragorang and Bushrangers” drive from Picton through Oakdale, Nattai, The Oaks, Mount Hunter and then via Razorback Lookout to Picton.

  • St Bede's Catholic Church
  • Hume and Hovell Monument

About Appin

This historic town, named after the village of Appin in Scotland, dates back to 1811 and was the fifth village in the colony of Sydney. In 1824, explorers, Hume and Hovell commenced their expedition to Port Phillip from this district and a monument stands on the road from Campbelltown commemorating the beginning of that journey.

Today, Appin has many colonial buildings to admire including the Appin public school, historic churches, and the Old Rectory. Enjoy the rugged beauty of the area on the drive between Appin and Douglas Park, through Broughtons Pass and crossing the Cataract River and Cataract Dam.